Guidelines for the authors
The Journal of Lifelong Learning accepts original scientific papers based on authors' own research, theoretical studies, discussion papers, reviews, significant announcements, reports about the conferences, seminars and workshops on the issues connected to lifelong learning and education.
The articles are published in Czech, Slovak or English language in following categories:
- Empirical study – scientific papers presenting original results of author's own research, or of the team the author was member of, to the extent of 25 standard pages (45 000 characters)
- Theoretical study – studies clearly synthesising theoretical and empirical knowledge from the particular thematic area to the extent of 20 standard pages (36 000 characters).
All the empirical and theoretical studies are submitted to an independent review process.
Discussion – articles containing subjects for discussion and questions from the field of lifelong learning and education suitable to become subjects of scientific discussion to the extent of 30 standard pages (36 000 characters)
- Review – reviews of scientific literature (monographs) to the extent of 6 standard pages (10 800 characters)
- Reports – reports about conferences, seminars and workshops that are being held, significant announcements to the extent of 10 standard pages (18 000 characters).
Extent of the article includes abstract in Czech and English language, key words, bibliography, figures, graphs, appendices etc. If previously discussed with the editor, the length of the article may be agreed on individually, regarding empirical and theoretical studies.
Figures used in the manuscript have to be of an adequate print quality (300 dpi or higher), graphs and tables must be in editable format (they cannot be inserted in text in form of a picture).
Text has to be submitted in editable format *.doc, *docx or *.rtf. For writing the articles use following templates, please:
Empirical and theoretical studies submitted to review process should be of a following structure:
- Title of the article in Czech language (translation provided by editor)
- Abstract in Czech/Slovak language (translation provided by editor)
- Key words in Czech/Slovak language (translation provided by editor)
- Title of the article in English language
- Abstract in English language
- Key words in English language
- Body of the article itself (in empirical studies including detailed description of objectives of the research, methodology and method of data evaluation)
- How to contact the author/s
Authors should pay attention to the abstract which should be written in informative way. Abstract should concisely describe the main issues and aims of the paper, methodology including the description and size of the research sample, method of data collection and its analysis. Abstract also contains important results and specific conclusions resulting form the scientific work itself. Abstracts which do not respect these criteria will be returned to the author for revision.
Articles for publication send electronically to the e-mail address of the editor: email@example.com